Scott's Journals

March 28, 2010

  • This week, I worked on the exercises in my lessons and making the solutions for the teachers.
  • This coming week, I'll improve the solutions to the exercises and work on what Professor Feng gives me as feedback to fix in the lessons.
March 19, 2010

  • This week, I improved my lessons to mostly follow the template. I followed many of the standards of the template, but where I thought there might be better or alternate possibilities, I tried a number of different variations. Since I have 4 lessons, I was able try out a decent number of different approaches. I also made a number of exercises for my lessons.
  • This coming week, I'll improve the lessons by matching them to what Professor Feng tells me are the good ideas. I'll continue to make more exercises and solution manuals for teachers for possible deployment next week.
March 05, 2010

  • This week, I worked on improving the lessons. I got some good data from Kid's Tech University to use in improving the lessons. I'll have to talk to the others more and find out what they discovered for fixing the lessons. One thing which was very clear to me is that the 'size' of a step should be very specific. Too long and they forget what they were supposed to be doing, too short, and they have to switch back and forth way too often.
  • These coming two weeks, I'll improve the lessons based on the template, whatever we learned from KTU, whatever feedback we get (hopefully a good amount), and whatever else I can think of. I'll also work on creating more exercises for the lessons and solution manuals for teachers.