SERVICE

Billy's Journals

December 13, 2009

  • This week we met on a Thursday to discuss progress since exams are starting.
  • Continuing to work on runtime errors in the new Storytelling Alice 2.2 port to Linux.
  • We learned that there may be a problem with the graphics setup on the Linux computer currently used to test the program, so I will be working with Gabriel to resolve the problem and get Storytelling Alice 2.2 running properly on Linux.
  • Due to possible Linux issues, I will be double checking that the runtime errors do not occur in Windows.
November 30, 2009

  • Added in the library files which Gabe found. That fixed the linking error which I was running into.
  • Set up a file to run the alice program without the use of a programming environment.
  • Working on fixing runtime errors.
November 23, 2009

  • Thanksgiving Break
November 17, 2009

  • Continued working on the linking errors in the Storytelling Alice project.
  • Moved the files to a Linux system since that is where we hope to get the program working.
  • With help from Gabriel, found some extra libraries that may be necessary to fix the linking error. Working on including them properly in the Storytelling Alice program.
November 10, 2009

  • Continued working on the linking errors in the Storytelling Alice project.
  • Talked with Mark about trying to determine why the error occurs.
  • Planning to meet with Gabriel to discuss where we are with the project.
November 02, 2009

  • A large school project kept me from working on the Storytelling Alice 2.2 build.
  • Will continue to work on the linking errors over the coming week.
October 26, 2009

  • The Storytelling Alice built on Alice 2.2 now runs, but there are still complications while it's running.
  • I need to figure out why the program has a few errors while linking and while running at times.
  • I will begin putting the program on a Linux machine and testing it.
October 21, 2009

  • The code has been modified to attempt to run Storytelling Alice on the Alice 2.2 code.
  • Though all errors have been fixed, the program will still not run yet due to a complication with importing a jython library. Eclipse cannot find the necessary library.
  • I will need to find out how to change where Eclipse looks for the file to fix the issue and then will hopefully be able to test the new variations on Linux.
October 12, 2009

  • Worked on the site more. We have finished the code to use for updating the journal entries and displaying them. Finalizing the format and updating the site this week.
  • Continued modifying the Alice 2.2 code to support Storytelling Alice. Much of the code relies on specially made class files which may have difficulty with the new code. Building the code using a previously made Eclipse project to begin testing.
October 05, 2009

  • Helped write new php code to modify our website with a new menu system and new journal viewing system.
  • Began changing the Alice2.2 source to include the changes made for Storytelling Alice.
  • Plan to begin testing the modified Alice2.2 code on Linux this week and finishing the website update.
September 28, 2009

  • Met with David, discussing what was necessary to port Alice2.2 and Storytelling Alice to Linux. The changes mainly include filesystem naming layout and switching directx code with opengl.
  • Retrieved a more complete source code of Alice2.2 and Storytelling Alice from Mark.
  • Parsing the the changes made by Caitlin to finish the port of Storytelling Alice back to Alice2.2
  • Gave feedback on Michelle's lesson 2 progress. Needs to use slightly simpler langauge still.
September 21, 2009

  • Worked on finding the distinct differences in the Alice 2.2 source and our version of Storytelling Alice on Linux.
  • Attempting to determine the files that are necessary for Storytelling Alice and how to incorporate them into the Alice 2.2 source.
  • Planning to meet with the person who worked on our version of Storytelling Alice on Linux to discuss the process and difficulties with it.
September 14, 2009

  • Met with the CREU undergraduates working on the project to discuss the website design and tasks.
  • Met with Dr. Feng to discuss our current tasks and what we have done so far.
  • Discussed the goals to be completed for the project.
  • Started working on Storytelling Alice code to port it to Alice 2.2 on Linux.
September 07, 2009

  • Met with the Gabe and Michelle to discuss what we know of the project and what is expected of us.
  • Looked over Storytelling Alice code to determine what needs to be done to port it back to Alice 2.2.